Whilst we are all looking forward to slightly more normal times, we have taken the following precautions to ensure your stay with us is safe and as enjoyable as ever. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our COVID-19 precautions.
We understand that guests might be anxious about making bookings at this uncertain time, which is why we have introduced ‘Worry-Free Bookings’. So, if your booking is cancelled due to a COVID-19 lockdown you will receive a full refund*. In addition to this, we have undertaken a Risk Assessment and have made the following updates.
Whilst we always strive to maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness, we are currently taking extra care to disinfect frequently touched surfaces and leaving at least 24 hours between reservations to ensure and deep and thorough clean can take place.
This means that guests can now start their holiday on any day of the week.
We have also removed all books and games from the cottages. Please see our Risk Assessment for full details.
What we are asking of our guests at this time:
- Anybody who is exhibiting symptoms or who has any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus up to 14 days prior to their booking must follow the Government instruction to self-isolate and follow NHS guidelines. Therefore, they should not arrive on site.
- Whilst staying with us we will ask guests to follow current guidelines on social distancing and follow the rules of the tier our area is in at the time. As White House Cottages has only five cottages and is located in a small hamlet, it is relatively easy for guests to avoid contact with each other.
- If guests are using the shared facilities (such as washing machine or DVD library) we ask that they use the provided hand sanitiser and paper towels to wipe down touched areas before and after use.
- To help protect us we ask that guests strip their own beds and put used linen and towels into the linen bags provided, and that all bins are emptied and tied bags are placed into the external waste bins.
- If anyone in your party feels unwell and experiences COVID-19 symptoms during your stay, we ask, for the safety of our family and our other guests, that you return home as soon as possible. Please let us know so that we may put extra measures in place.
As there may be restricted opportunities to eat out at this time, we recommend you check and/or book ahead.
Despite the current restrictions to keep this pandemic under control, we are confident that you will enjoy a relaxing, peaceful and perfectly socially-distanced break with us! We really appreciate your support and can’t wait to welcome you.