Terms & conditions
- If there is a full or local lockdown due to COVID-19 affecting either White House Cottages or your home area, we will happily re-book your dates or issue you with a refund (minus any credit card processing fees), however, we do still encourage guests to ensure they have travel insurance.
- If you are instructed by the Government to self-isolate due to COVID-19, we will endeavour to re-book your dates subject to availability and you may be asked to pay the difference if the new rate is higher.
- Anybody who is exhibiting symptoms or who has any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus up to 14 days prior to their booking must follow the Government instruction to self-isolate and follow NHS guidelines. Therefore, they should not arrive on site.
- If a local lockdown is put in place covering White House Cottages whilst you are on holiday, you will have to return home as soon as possible.
- If anyone in your party feels unwell and experiences COVID-19 symptoms during your stay, we ask, for the safety of our family and our other guests, that you return home as soon as possible. Please let us know so that we can put extra measures in place.
- Whilst staying with us, guests must follow any guidelines on social distancing.
- If guests are using the shared facilities (such as washing machine or DVD library), guests must use the provided hand sanitiser and paper towels to wipe down touched areas before and after use.
- We ask that guests strip their own beds and put used linen and towels into bags provided, and that all bins are emptied and tied bags are placed into the external waste bins.
- White House Cottages has carried out a Risk Assessment and taken every precaution to ensure guests safety but cannot be held responsible if, after staying in one of the cottages, a guest contracts COVID-19.
- The reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of the 25% deposit. The balance is due one month before your holiday. If the booking is made within 5 weeks of your holiday, the full amount is to be paid at the time of booking. Where an email address has been provided this will be used for all communications unless otherwise requested.
- Once the booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday. In the event of cancellation, we will endeavour to re-let the property and make a refund of monies less the deposit which is non-refundable. We would recommend that holiday insurance be taken out.
- Payment Details – via bank transfer or credit/debit card through Stripe. However, any booking made at short notice; cash on arrival may be requested.
- For large group bookings and longer stays we will ask for a damage deposit, payable with the balance.
- The Damage Deposit may be used for any repair and/or replacement of the Property, furnishings, fixtures and fittings that are necessary after your stay. We will return the Damage Deposit to you within three days of departure, less any deductions in accordance with the conditions listed below.
- Check-in time for the cottage is 4pm on the day of arrival and we ask you to vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure.
- You agree to comply with the regulations set out in the property manual at the cottage and any other regulations reasonably specified by us from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party.
- You agree not to cause excessive noise between the hours of 10pm and 8am and to be considerate of fellow guests at all times.
- You agree that there will be no smoking anywhere on the property during your stay, including inside and outside areas.
- You agree to take reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. Failure to do so may result in additional charges.
- You agree not to use White House Cottages for any post/deliveries unless there is a prior agreement with the owners.
- All dogs must be well-behaved and house-trained and you agree to keep under strict and proper control at all times. They must not be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation or allowed on the cottage furniture and beds. You agree not to allow your dogs to foul in the grounds. On your departure the cottage should be vacuumed to remove any hairs that may have accumulated.
- You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors, windows or any other part of the cottage nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
- You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property while at the cottage.
- You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage).
- You cannot allow more people to visit or stay in the cottage than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the cottage, nor can you take your pet into the cottage unless greed with us in advance. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the cottage to you, or we can require you to leave it.
- We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you and we shall be under no obligation to refund you for any fees already paid to us in those circumstances. Any refund will be at our sole discretion.
- You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access to the cottage at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs, in an emergency or to ensure you are complying with these Terms & Conditions.
- The WiFi facilities provided in the cottages must not be used for any unlawful purposes by the hirer, any member of their party and any other visitors to the property.
- Please note free WiFi is available, but the signal can be a bit ‘countryside’ slow, and this also goes for mobile reception – it can be patchy depending on your phone/network.
- You agree not to charge electric vehicles using the domestic cottage supply. We reserve the right to levy a £40 fee if you do so without our express permission.
NON-AVAILABILITY OF ACCOMMODATION
- We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday (minus any third party booking fees). Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
BREAKAGES OR DAMAGE
- You are legally bound to reimburse White House Cottages for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If, however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that you contact us immediately and every effort will be made to make right any problem. Complaints not reported during occupancy cannot be investigated at a later date.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these Terms & Conditions is strictly limited to the amounts received by us in relation to your booking.
- We shall not be liable for any losses which are not a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms & Conditions.
- Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your booking is confirmed by us.
- Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that we will not be liable for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
- The cottages’ contents and decoration may change and therefore may not be exactly as shown or stated on the web site.
COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION
- This contract will be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.