Terms and Conditions
- Provisional bookings can be made by telephone and held for five days. The reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of the 25% deposit. The balance is due one month before your holiday. If the booking is made within 5 weeks of your holiday, the full amount is to be paid at the time of booking. Where an email address has been provided this will be used for all communications unless otherwise requested.
- Once the booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday. In the event of cancellation we will endeavour to re-let the property and make a refund of monies less the deposit which is non-refundable. We would recommend that holiday insurance be taken out.
- Payment Details - via bank transfer or credit/debit card through Paypal. However, any booking made at short notice; cash on arrival may be requested.
- For large group bookings and longer stays we will ask for a damage deposit, payable with the balance.
- The Damage Deposit may be used for any repair and/or replacement of the Property, furnishings, fixtures and fittings that are necessary after your stay. We will return the Damage Deposit to you within three days of departure, less any deductions in accordance with the conditions listed below.
- Check-in time for the cottage is 4pm on the day of arrival and we ask you to vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure.
- Information you provide when booking will be held and may be used to inform you of future offers and to send out up to date brochures. If you would prefer not to receive approaches in the future please confirm in writing.
You agree to comply with the regulations set out in the property manual at the cottage and any other regulations reasonably specified by us from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party.
- You agree that there will be no smoking inside the cottage during your stay.
You agree to keep and leave the cottage and the furnishings, including items such as kitchen equipment, crockery and glasses clean and in good condition.
- You agree not to use White House Cottages for any post/deliveries unless there is a proior agreement with the owners.
All dogs are to be kept under strict and proper control at all times. They must not be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation or allowed on the cottage furniture and beds. Dogs are not allowed to foul in the grounds. On your departure the cottage should be vacuumed to remove any hairs that may have accumulated.
You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors, windows or any other part of the cottage nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property while at the cottage.
You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage).
You cannot allow more people to stay in the cottage than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the cottage, nor can you take your pet into the cottage unless greed with us in advance. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the cottage to you, or can require you to leave it.
We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you and we shall be under no obligation to refund you for any fees already paid to us in those circumstances. Any refund will be at our sole discretion.
You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access to the cottage at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs, in an emergency or to ensure you are complying with these Terms & Conditions.
The WiFi facilities provided in the cottages must not be used for any unlawful purposes by the hirer, any member of their party and any other visitors to the property.
- Please note free WiFi is available, but the signal can be a bit 'countryside' slow, and this also goes for mobile reception - it can be patchy depending on your phone/network.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that you contact us immediately and every effort will be made to make right any problem. Complaints not reported during occupancy cannot be investigated at a later date.
Limit of Liability
Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these Terms & Conditions is strictly limited to the amounts received by us in relation to your booking.
We shall not be liable for any losses which are not a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms & Conditions.
Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your booking is confirmed by us.
Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that we will not be liable for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
- The cottages' contents and decoration may change and therefore may not be exactly as shown or stated on the web site.
Communication and Information
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, all personal and other information and details collected by us in the course of our business, belong to us and will not be disclosed to any third party.
- Provided you have not indicated otherwise, we may use your personal information for marketing our services. We will in any event never transfer your details to any other third party.
This contract will be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.